Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 - 1000 mile challenge - year 15

Options
  • 04-01-2024 10:10am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The new 2024 version of the Google Docs spreadsheet can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wznQKs2Ov9zf7kVnhkzbVI_4a6XWhMufYFMU545sV7s/edit#gid=0

Same as previous years we are using Google Docs again, just click on the link above and enter your boardsie name in column A and then how far your total miles are for the year in column C, or if you count in kilometers enter that in column D. If you want you can also enter you age/ gender category in column B and don't forget to update that if you've passed a significant date as I just copied and pasted from the previous years spreadsheet. Your ranking amongst the boardsies is shown on the Positions sheet.

Do not edit any other columns, except for the completion date when you have done your 1000miles. I have manually added the people who had edit access to the locked tab again for this year, and if there is anyone else who wants access to that then you'll need to PM me your Google email address so that I can enable access.

As always, there will be somewhere that I have messed up with the calculations with the number of days in the year or having the wrong year in one of the lines. I tried to find them all, but let me know if you spot an error and I'll get it fixed.

Post edited by RacoonQueen on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Poncho1964

Thanks again Robin for setting this up. Happy New Year everyone and be safe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Wottle

Second that, cheers Robin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

All your idea, I just managed to un-mangle the tables. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Through the 1000 miles today during a speed session. Same date as last year but just realised this year was a leap year so technically it took me a day longer to complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Think I broke it on Wednesday during a run with a buddy who wanted to break 40min for 10k for the first time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TheRef

Broke through 1000 miles today. 55 days earlier than last year and 90 days earlier than 2022.

Really happy with the consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Pushed through the 1000 miles with a 10 miler this afternoon 6 days later than last year. I’m delighted with the consistency again this year.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

went out to watch the euros on friday night and had a bit of a hungover 5 miles on saturday morning to get me over 1000 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭jv2000

First time completing 1000 miles in a calendar year (well in 6-months in this case), nice easy run on Thursday morning after being away for business earlier in the week. Delighted and will hopefully see 2,000 all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Hit the 1,000m mark on Sat 29 Jun - about 12 days behind last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Hit 1000m yesterday, compared to 27 June last year. I picked up the pace last year in the second half of the year and will aim to do the same this time round with Dublin training about to get going

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Crept over the 1,000 miles mark yesterday as well. 8 days earlier than last year and I'd say the earliest I've ever managed it. I've never managed to hit 2,000 miles in a calendar year, so hopefully I can keep the show on the road and tick that box.

Advertisement