Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elite direto xr or tacx flux 2 turbo trainer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Bluejohn1

Have had the xr since 2022. No issues and has worked fine with rouvy every time. Got it cheap enough on rosebikes.

Only issue I have with it is the two apps for it. The training app which is used to calibrate looks like something that was done by some one in university.

The upgrado app used for updating firmware is fine. Just need to make sure the trainer isn't connected by Bluetooth to anything else. You also might need to relogin if it fails to connect to the trainer. But you'll rarely use either app.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Ideally I want a kickr core but they are sold out in cyclesuperstore where I need to get it as they do finance.

I had a tacx flux s for 2 years and 2 weeks (just out of warranty by 2 weeks) that got a weird noise every now and then. Took the casing off and could not see anything stuck in it. Garmin said send it over and they will replace it despite being out of warranty and taken apart which is very decent of them. I just want something different with higher spec so I might sell the replacement or keep it as a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭this.lad

I was looking for something else the other day and saw cigala cycling doing finance too, I'm too lazy to look but think they do Wahoo stuff.

I bought a turbo there before, it was delivered in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭seanin4711

another shout for XR- bough used for 400 best bit of bike kit i have.

Most apps have a calibrate option built in to them.

Advertisement