Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into a new house. Electricity & gas set up

Options
  • 05-01-2024 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Folks ,

I am first time renter so excuse my dumb questions but i am bit of lost.

I am renting a house where i will will have GPRN and MPRN on an email on Monday upon deposit & rent payment in their office. My agent words when i had this question were below:

" Your bills are separate from the rent and your responsibility and you can go with any provider you wish. The agency will ask the landlord to close their account and you can contact them directly to sign up yourself "

Now, does anyone know how long may take for the house to get electricity & gas running again from the moment i sign up myself with desired provider upon arrival at the new home ? I see myself walking around with a lantern : (

Thank you

Comments

I'd doubt they are disconnected, it's an administrative task the billing change

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LLOBARRO

So LL will close the current account but provider will not disconect the outrage so as soon as i sign up with them i can have gas & electricity runing in the house, correct ?

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Yes, both will be connected and working fine. Just make sure to read both meters on the date you move in, so you are only charged for any usage you accrue and not the usage of someone in the house before you.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Yes, when you open a new account you'll be able to give a meter reading so you'll only be charged for your own usage.

Advertisement