Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No action on a court order

Options
  • 05-01-2024 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My ex husband lives in what was the family home, as he inherited it and put only his name on the deeds ( his solicitor told us it would cost several thousand to put my name on it....not sure that was accurate). He was ordered by the court to build a house on land for me. He was given a year ( completion by end of 2019) . To date the foundations are in. He is awating probate on his dad's estate, and says he doesnt want to sell the land he has to build it as that wouldn't cover cost of house.( In the court he had suggested he do this to pay for the build) He will retire in August and get a lump sum (I suggested a bridging loan but he doesnt want to remortgage). I am renting the last 5.5 years (60k in rent, paid by me from working). I have been stung once by heavy legal costs and cannot afford to pay more ridiculous solicitor fees. Can anyone please offer advice? Thank you.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rachel31

Jeez 😩 Can you apply for free legal aid x Nasty situation your in Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ClaraDoh

The income threshold for eligibility is very low. Around 18k I believe.

Advertisement