Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round? - 2024

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭coillcam

Had a tale of two 9's at the weekend. Major rd1 qualifier and felt in good form coming into this after recent good scores. Went out with the intention of posting a low one and felt I could get pb or close to it. Playing HC 16 on the day.

Front 9 went really well. Struck the ball sweetly, missed in the right places, got up/down and made my putts. Turned in plus +3 which was a new best- delighted as it was strokeplay and off back tees. Felt good to perform as I set out to do.

Back 9 went horribly wrong, unfortunately. Wobbled on ten with a double where I couldn't scramble a bogey. Scrambled par on 11. Missed from 4ft for par on 12. On 13 I knocked down my drive and blocked a 7w off the planet OB from the rough. Wasn't a horrible lie just terrible execution and slightly poor decision on reflection. Trundled my way to a triple. Steadied with two pars. Took percentage iron on the 16th but tugged into a tree and slashed out of the penalty area to behind another tree. Laid up and took 2 ugly swipes with a wedge before 3 stabbing for another triple. Piped an angry drive down 17 and tugged my PW but stayed on. Too aggressive on a long downhill slider and another 3 putt for bogey. 18 I blocked my drive into trees. Rushed my second as I was playing into a group walking up the adjacent fairway. Duffed underneath a small tree and checked out mentally at that point, taking 4 more to get home and home for a nett 72 (88). I didn't even qualify as scoring was ridiculous, more than 1/3 of the field were nett par or better.

It was crushing to put in 3x triples and a double on the back 9. Especially when I normally score better on it. Apart from the OB ball the rest were poor shots combined with bad choices. I genuinely didn't snap until I got stuck under a small tree at 18 for my 4th.

For now, it's a case of erasing the bad and focusing on the good golf (9 GIRs and great front 9). I know there is a sub 80 round in there and I don't think I'll gift as many shots to the field for quite some time. No comps for a couple of weeks but hopefully getting a round with an old colleague and a little short game practice over the next week.

Advertisement