Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Mechanical Ventilation

Options
  • 06-01-2024 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

I am reaching out to explore options for installing a ventilation system in three to four specific rooms of my house. Your expertise in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some details about my house to assist:

• Construction Year and Material: The house was constructed in 2008 with concrete throughout, including underfloor heating (UFH) on both the ground and first floors.
    • Heating System: It utilizes a ground-source Nibe heat pump for heating.
    • Insulation: The walls are insulated with full fill Aeroboard Platinum, and the external first-floor walls are dry-lined with 37.5mm Kingspan.
    • Windows: All windows are triple-glazed for enhanced insulation.

All rooms are equipped with mechanical wall vents (non-electrical) that respond to external temperature changes. The upstairs bathrooms include Vent-Axia 409802 Lo-Carbon 99mm Axial fans, venting directly outside through the attic wall.

However, recent modifications in two upstairs bedrooms, where wardrobes were installed, necessitated the removal and sealing of mechanical vents, leaving these rooms without proper ventilation. Additionally, I am seeking to improve ventilation in the hall, which features a double-height and vaulted design.

To address these needs while preserving the integrity of the wall fabric, I am considering the installation of ceiling vents in both bedrooms and the hall. I am particularly interested in a system that introduces fresh air without significant temperature drop.

Any recommendations?

Post edited by jasgrif11 on

Advertisement