Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar for beginners...

Options
  • 06-01-2024 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering can anyone recommend a good app that's free for the basics of learning a guitar.

I know there's tons of videos on YouTube. Possibly to much to choose from and to many methods being the problem. If you can recommend a good guitar channel all the better.

I have all the books and diagrams on chords and keys that's not a problem.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

it's a boring recommendation but the boss katana is brilliant for beginners and intermediates.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

The question was about an app, not an amp...

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Mr321

Thanks anyway I hope soon enough to purchase one of those.

On the 7th month into it I stuck with the charts and odd YouTube video where needed and I'm flying at it now. Currently just trying to master the common bar chords.

Advice to anyone starting acoustic guitar and reading this is don't give up after a few weeks. Stick at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ah yea, it ll break your heart, but dont give up, 30 years in and still loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

Justin guitar, Andy guitar or Fender Play, all are a good start and will progress you along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Banzai600

ive been around music years, although a lot heavier than what you'd hear on the garbage radio, i started playing a few yrs ago, just for my own fun, electric, no acoustic.

Ive a subscription to Ultim@te Guitar and Songsterr. UG has learning practices and tab, songsterr more for learning songs with tab, some songs way better tabbed than UG. fairly straight forward once you get into it. They work well on pc or tablet and phone.

there are plenty of apps and stuff to get you going, but id recommend to go get local lessons if not already done so. Do a couple and see how you go, get the basics down, get rid of any bad habits. i taught myself, but i cut my teeth watching guitarists while playing with them for a long time. you'll never stop learning thats for sure.

Advertisement