Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Out of Season 2024

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Oh, and Jingle all the way is on Film 4 at 12.55pm today too!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I like the Dawn and Dusk the best. I had a little laugh at the misspellings of 'trinket and tresure' and 'sungar and spice'. 😂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

it’s arrived in the uk. We will be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭BK5

Does anyone know if the shops in America start early or later in the year stocking their shelves for Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Later. American go big on Halloween and thanksgiving first. Christmas build up doesn't start over there until after Black Friday.

Yeah, thanksgiving can be bigger a deal than Christmas in some parts of the States.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Can confirm. I've an Aunt over in the US and most don't care about Christmas until December. Some people see Thanksgiving as their major holiday as well.

Honestly I'd embrace both. Two big beautiful meals 🤣

Saw this article yesterday, not sure what I think on Red (& Pink?) christmas trees to be honest.

Get ready to take your festive decor to a whole new level as red Christmas trees are the new next big thing and you’re going to LOVE them.

When Christmas comes around, picking the right tree for your home is essential, and although many of us love the traditional big busy green trees it looks as though red Christmas trees are going to be one of the hottest trends for 2024.

Adding a pop of colour and certainly giving the WOW factor (and not one for the faint-hearted) red Christmas trees and red Christmas decorations are here to stay. According to online sources, including Pinterest, a surge in searches for the trend has gone through the roof.

Styling a red Christmas tree can be a delightful way to embrace the festive spirit while adding a vibrant touch to your holiday decor.

How to style a red Christmas tree?

Adding a plethora of twinkling warm white lights will enhance the rich colour of the red tree and create a cosy atmosphere.

A wide plaid or velvet ribbon can add elegance, while a fun, striped ribbon can bring a playful element.

We know already that coloured Christmas trees have been hugely popular in the last few years and it seems as though that trend is going nowhere fast, with John Lewis launching a Pink Christmas tree – yes pink and Habitat will also release this hot pink 6-footer!

And it’s not just Christmas trees that are having the red effect but also decorations too, as we’ve seen a host of new red baubles and ornaments going to hit shelves this Christmas.

Including this from John Lewis’s Dawn & Dusk Candle Tree Decoration.

If more is more is your style this Christmas then a red Christmas tree should be added to the top of your Christmas home decor.

The red tree looks nice in the top picture- but you would need very specific decor to have that!

Pink tree- unless it's a small one for a kid's room, I think I could live without it. 😖

• Advertisement

Agree, not sure if the random 'quality street' look would be feasible with a red tree, or maybe it'd work even better!? Either way, I think I'd give it a swerve myself though.

Pink = not a chance. My daughter puts up a small 4ft tree in her bedroom and covers it in pale pink lights and whilst its fine for a girls bedroom there's no way I'd have it as my main tree, let alone a full on pink coloured tree.

I think those trees are horrible, the reason for the tree is to decorate it and brighten it up not the other way round.

Those trees would need dark decorations to tone them down and the whole point of Christmas is that it is the light that helps us get through the darkness of a long winter.

A Christmas episode of the Repair Shop was on the other night, if you like the show try and catch these episodes, they are a joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I don't like the red tree at all. I'd have no idea how to style it.

I do like the pink trees but in a funky pub or something not in my sitting room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

The red is quite nice and would be fine in the right setting - but never in a million years in my house. The pink is shocking, I wouldn’t put it up even as a joke. Traditional trees all the way in this house.

I'd try the red tree if I was one of those people who had professionals come in and decorate my mansion for me.

One of my friends does that. They have multiple very successful business’s and every year their plant people come and decorate their doorway as well as their interior, I’m not at all jealous 😩.

I'd be too jealous to be that person's friend! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Christmas episode of Friends is on now.

I also seen these whilst out and about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement