Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tailgating out of a car park

• 08-01-2024 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭

Has this ever happened to you were somebody tailgates behind you coming out of a car park in order to avoid paying at the barrier?

I wonder if it's possible to report it. In my opinion it's stealing. Happened to me today. I could see it coming. I'm just sorry I didn't reverse him back into the car park while the barrier was still up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

FOMO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭gluppers

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

had it happen last month at my local recycling centre, the driver tried it to the car before me so i was waiting for her to try it again so I rolled the car past the barrier and stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Jesus Christ risking an accident and all the associated hassle just out of sheer righteous and bitterness. If he/she want to go to all that hassle just to avoid paying 3€ or whatever parking charge it is let them at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭gluppers

Each to their own. But I didn't intend to pay for a thief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

One reason to carry balaclavas base ball bats and hammers in your car….you never know when you might need one to teach these type of low life spongers a nice lesson…..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I've done it a bunch of times. Generally if my ticket doesn't work, and damned if I'm going back to the office to get it replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,892 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Eh no.. how about they play by the rules and pay for their parking like everyone else!

I can't stand this "let them at it" nonsense. If they had hit Kenny's car incidentially they would also be the ones paying for the claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭McGrath5

A poster in the motors forum put up dashcam footage a while back of them getting tailgated out of a carpark, in Sandyford if my memory serves me correctly. Anyway, they sat there until the muppet behind moved back and thus let the barrier drop, fair play to them I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Never a car park but I've had it happen on the M1 express toll lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭bingobango12

I haven't seen that footage but I know the exact place and you're spot on, it's in Sandyford Industrial Estate, under the Dunnes Stores. A well known utilities company have their office next door with no car park provided so most staff members do this daily. They will sometimes have a line of 5/6 cars waiting for someone with a ticket to go through the barrier and they all follow each other out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

A mate saved thousands of euro doing this in Dundrum Town centre... eventually they cornered him and he stopped then. His Mrs then started using his car after he had stopped this and they knock on the window as she is approaching the barrier, even though she had validated the ticket, caused some Problems at home later that evening. Lol !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Esho

You paid for yourself.

The other driver is like a shoplifter.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭the14thwarrior

omg get a life.

who gives a **k. let the barrier fall on them. live and let live.

not your business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I did it once as a broke student at Kerry Airport.

Also did it once at UL where I genuinely lost my ticket (payment would've been minimum) and the dickhead on the speaker said I'd need to pay €20 replacement or something. I flat out said I'm just gonna go out right behind the next car and I did.

-- --

I do get a bit suss at times of cars flying up behind me at the Automatic Toll Tag lanes and probably getting through without paying. Bit annoying but nothing you can do really.

Advertisement