Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone launches TV Play

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭brookers

Hi we just connected Vodafone tv play today and we are already gutted, I love spy master on abc 4 and it looked like I had recorded it earlier today but then when I went to look at it tonight it was not recorded, will they let us go back to the box we had yesterday where we were able record our favourite programmes and the guide was much easier to navigate. what is the point of this tv play if you can't record your favourite programmes, what a load of old rubbish that is. I am zero interest in virgin media and other terrible channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

The Vodafone TV streaming product is terrible. I doubt that that they will let you go back to the old box. Even if they do, it will be grandfathered at some stage. All the TV providers are trying to migrate users to streaming pucks, because they get better control of the advertising revenue. The Eir TV streaming option uses the Apple TV 4K puck, and it is the best of the streaming platforms. It allows unrestricted recording of UK TV channels, and some additional catch-up options, which work for RTE. RTE don't allow cloud recording on any of the streaming platforms, so they retain the advertising revenue, but at least the RTE player is available in Ireland, unlike BBC iPlayer. Perhaps you could cancel within your 14 days, and migrate to Eir TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭brookers

Thanks so much for that useful information, we had absolutely no idea that this was going to happen, I feel awful as I made my husband change over yesterday when I was at work, thinking I was going to get this great service, now he worried he won't be able to record his programmes going forward, we are a busy household and only get to watch things late at night so recording is a big thing in our lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭galtee boy

If recording is a big issue for you and it is for a lot of households who are busy during the week and record stuff and watch it at their own convenience, Sky is the only option really, you can record any channel, any time and keep the recording for as long as you want, Sky is expensive, but it does exactly what it says on the tin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

That’s true of Sky Q, but not Stream, which does have restrictions on recording.

Note that while Sky Q is still available it’s buried away on the website now in favour of Stream/Glass. I don’t want to be alarmist but I could see new satellite installations being restricted to commercial premises and rural customers before too long - it’s Sky’s plan to cut down on their installer numbers.

Your other options for recording are Saorview/Freesat of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 thomas353

Is it worth getting Nord VPN on the google play store from my vodafone play tv box? i'd like to be able to record English programmes and maybe some other English TV.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There is no discussion of circumventing regional restrictions here.

48 Hour ban for any on thread reply to either this post or the post above.

Advertisement