Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior account

• 09-01-2024 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I am looking to open a junior account for my 10 year old. I am looking at a credit union or a post office account and wondering if either is better than the other.

The post office would in theory be handier as we have one in our local village to lodge money in ( he always seem to be handed a tennor or a fiver by older neighbors/relatives) but the credit union would be better for loans in the future I suppose. They both now seem to offer cards with their current accounts (and so I think their junior accounts)

Anyone have a preference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 AndB456

Well after looking into it the credit union (as well as AIB), they do not have debit cards for under 16's.

The Post office doesn't look like a good option either as even though they do issue a debit card, the app looks to be a disaster and it's quite expensive.

I don't use revolut so I don't really see any other options.

May just open a credit union savings account anyway.

Advertisement