Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One freezing radiator...

Options
  • 09-01-2024 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have one freezing radiator. All the others are working fine. The freezing radiator is in the attic (3 floors above boiler in the basement) but there is another radiator on the same level which is working very well. The supply pipe to the freezing radiator is cold before the TRV so it seems hot water isn't even reaching the valve. I tried bleeding it - plenty air came out but no water, and it made no difference. Does this mean I may have a blockage in the HW supply pipe? Any suggestions on what to do next? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Banjo Carney

Try turning all the others off and leave the cold one on. Worked for me before mind you it wasn't in the attic but was the furthest from the boiler.

Post edited by Banjo Carney on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

So what happens if you open the bleed valve now? Does water come out? If not the system may be short of water and need to topped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sbmayo

Water comes out of other radiators when I open the bleed valve but not this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Prospectors

Is it possible the TRV is stuck closed? Can you unscrew the plastic cover of the TRV and check that that little valve pin can move in and out freely by pushing it in manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Air came out initially I think you mentioned, and now nothing, plus this radiator is at the top of the system. Is it a sealed system with a filling point and gauge at the boiler or hot press maybe?

Sounds like low water level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 sbmayo

Thanks all...was low pressure

Advertisement