Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor leisure facility planning

Options
  • 10-01-2024 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm looking to start a business as in the title. It would need about 7 or 8 acres.

Is it possible to know if you'd get planning before purchasing the land?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Talk to a planning consultant experienced in either of, or preferably both, the area and the industry. If there is anything similar in the area, take a look at their planning and see who prepared the documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Thank you.

Judging by that, you would always have to take some risk in buying the land first, before planning permission is granted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Can you buy subject to planning permission, similar to what is often done when buying a site for a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I'd be seeing how much insurance would be before seeing about buying a site. Lots of leisure places have shut down because of the cost of insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Likely to put the price up very significantly over land without planning, I'd imagine - this is where the potential value of taking a punt comes in, and isn't for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

I wonder... I have found a suitable place so will phone auctioneer tomorrow, hopefully they will explain the options.

Regarding insurance, yes that is important consideration. I should have that covered though, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

You can look at the zoning for the land in question and that will give you a pointer anyway.

Advertisement