Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revolut Social Welfare no Payment Today

• 11-01-2024 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

Hi has any one any idea why a lot of social welfare payments have not arrived in accounts today,

I'm on an invalidity pension and received mine last night but my friend who is also on invalidity is still waiting for his payment,

Revolut chat are denying there is a problem and saying that SEPA transfers normally take two days,

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I believe the service level agreement on SEPA is one business day not to, but that is measured from the time the instruction is received by the senders bank, of course things often happen faster than that, but that is just a happy coincidence. Your problem is this situation is that you don't know when the instruction was sent. So if it does not turn up with say 48 hours, perhaps contact Social Welfare as the not the bank are responsible for sending your payment and tracking down why it did not arrive if that is the case.

• The deasp issues all payment instructions to banks Friday the week before it’s due. I believe the instructions are both an amount and a credit date.

It’s not sent by standard sepa and arrives in 1-2 days.

For instance I used to receive disability allowance, it was issued on a Friday for payment on a Wednesday. I received it 9pm Tuesdays when my bank processes payments. Before that with PTSB it was 12am midnight on the dot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

But as I said we don't actually know that it did get sent when it should have, systems do break down etc... and the only one that can request a trace is the sender.

• If there was a delay it would affect all customers or the DEASP would let you know.

I would suggest the OP’s friend contacts the DEASP as they are the only ones who will know.

edit: also check mywelfare it will say if the payment has any problems at the min and should show you if a payment was indeed due today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

Payment went through eventually so alls good for another week

• Advertisement
Advertisement