Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Center parcs longford

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭markpb

I think you’re looking at it the wrong way. Spending thousands for Longford does seem crazy but that’s not the way people are looking at it. People are comparing it to a similar holiday abroad and suddenly it’s not so crazy, especially when you consider the wide range of activities available on site.

For me Center Parks means no long drive, no airport, no car rental, no worries about 20kg limits on suitcases, no hiring a million car seats abroad (I have several young children) but it also means having everything on your doorstep. Theres plenty to do, none of it involves driving, the restaurants are good but you can still cook for yourself, the older kids can cycle around safely themselves, the pool is good enough to keep them entertained for hours at a time and the lodges are more spacious than any hotel room in our budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭Field east

I was there with children/ grandchildren last yr . I did not think that I would enjoy it but I did very much A very well run place. X thousand € for a house might sound expensive but if you fully occupy it then it does not work out very expensive ie cost per head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Allinall

What’s with the “we”?

It’s obviously not for you, so there’s no point in grouping yourself with people who it does suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I see it compared to abroad constantly but if you compare it to self catering elsewhere in Ireland then it isn’t so crazy. I’m going soon 4 of us 4 nights was 1600. Not cheap but actually if we rented a house or stayed in a hotel in Ireland in July it wouldn’t be that much cheaper.
    no two ways about it it is expensive but it doesn’t stack up as badly as is often made out.
    we were in Fuertaventura a couple of months ago and our 9yo actually asked if we could go to CP for our next holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The_Taxman

Do you pay for the activities beforehand once they open 12 weeks in advance, or is it book then pay when you get there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭browne_rob5

Pay in advance at time of booking.

As above pay in advance, though it is very easy to cancel things and get refunded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

yeah this.
    We paid for the majority of the activities up front, but we did end up cancelling one or two things and got the money back.
    Also just make sure you have the restaurants booked- although in saying that when we went in the second week of June they had good availability in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭scottser

Top tip. You pay for everything on your card, no cash. The staff will automatically select to include a gratuity on every transaction, although it is meant to be offered up to the customer to choose. It became a real irritatant, especially when the service is pretty shite. The staff are mostly part-time/students and they are always understaffed. I went there as part of a large family group, all the kids had a great time but I wouldn't be in a hurry back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Your issue here is saying its Longford. You do not leave the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I asked on another thread, but this one seems more active. We booked a 3 bed, but we're looking to change the booking for a 4 bed (which have an 8 people maximum + 2 infants) to have another family come with us. We'll have 4 adults, 4 children, a 3 month old and a 3 year old. What's the likelihood they'd cause a fuss about the 3 year old if we booked as 2 infants? I called Centre Parcs and the girl said she reckoned it'd be fine if we weren't planning on doing activities with the 3 year old, but how strict are they in reality in Longford from peoples experience? Would she be ID'd at the gate? 😅

It’s under 2 that are free so even a 2 year old would be too old so I’d say you’ve a reasonable chance of getting spotted on the way in.

Advertisement