Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult Caution America Holiday

• 12-01-2024 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,

I got an adult caution for drunkeness over 12 years ago and now want to go on holiday to the USA. Can I still get the Visa Waiver Program for a 1 week holiday or does the caution have to be disclosed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Murt2024

An Adult caution is not a conviction. You don't need to declare it. Even if they checked which they never do nothing would show up as not a conviction.

Post edited by Murt2024 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Madd002

Unless you were brought to court and convicted and paid fine to poor box you've nothing to worry about 🤣 A caution is just that a caution ⚠️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I think the question about your past was along the lines of: 'have you ever been convicted of an offence involving moral turpitude'? Which is/was tactically vague and clearly worded so as to get people to admit to offences which could fall outside the scope of that term.

Even if the OP picked up a conviction, being drunk in public wouldn't put you on the radar for a refusal and you could safely answer 'no' to the question above. And as has already been mentioned, a caution is not a conviction so you do not have to declare it to anyone, regardless of the purpose for which they might be asking.

Advertisement