Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike A Test delays

• 13-01-2024 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭

Im using RSA - Customer Portal to book Bike Test (MyRoadSafety)

Was waiting 5 months for test in Dun Laoghaire/Deansgrange to come through, then switched to Gorey for last 4 months still nothing (9 months waiting now for test)

Any-one have an idea who I can call to book next Test for my A License? I'm based in Wicklow Town

Have my Bike/Clothes paperwork all ready to go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭goblin59

from what I remember, switching centres puts you to the back of the line for that particular centre.

You are better off sticking to the one centre and waiting on a Cancellation. someone might be better informed than me, but I got mine within a week of being eligable a few years ago when i was appling for the test in Deansgrange (During the mid covid period)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

We had this problem with my son's test last year, to the extent that we were within days of his IBT expiring.

We rang the RSA in Mayo, and they confirmed your place in the queue is not affected by changing test centres.

After a brief exchange on the phone, they offered him a test within a week if he could do it in Roscommon - which we did (and passed).

Found the lady in RSA most helpful t.b.h.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Got my test in Navan very quick booked it early November last and got the call for the test early December….I was expecting to be waiting until February March when things warmed up a bit but got it December!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Howdy

Also in Wicklow Town

Also was waiting over a year for a test

Eventually I gave them a call in Mayo and got a date within a week

Give them a call 096 25000 found them to be very helpful :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Thanks Flashinthepan

Did you have to travel to Mayo to do the test, was the place you called just in Mayo. Mayo is a abit of a journey to get a 1 hour test done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

He means the RSA, who are based in Mayo....................

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,131 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Used to be 6 months when I got mine, seems nothings changed. Although I applied immediately after receiving my IBT in hand so that the learning period prior to test had passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I had mine done and dusted within about 6 weeks of applying... My instructor told me that the waiting list in Naas seemed to be fairly fast moving at the time, so that's where I applied... Getting a good instructor is invaluable.

*BTW, that was last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Ha no thank god :-)

As Galwaytt says the RSA are in mayo

I did my test in Deansgrange on a cold Feb morning in a little snow and blowing a gale

Advertisement