Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair - a new low?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Yeah I'd have thought it would be something like that.

It seems to be sharp practice though, people don't just book flights but hotels, attractions, trains, connecting flights, concert tickets, golf etc.

Now that I think of it my last trip and my next 2 trips have been chopped around by Ryanair.

Even if it's months in advance I'd say it's more than a coincidence at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

It’s all automated. As a previous poster stated, sometimes they refine their schedule and reverse the rotation (by using a Lanzarote based crew vs. a Dublin one) or else add/remove flights based on aircraft availability.

The fact your flight number is the same just means the computer has kept you on your original flight that has changed times, but it you ring them and speak to a human they will change you to the afternoon flight free of charge.

If your flight is due within the next 2 weeks, you would also be eligible for compensation (I believe €400 pp), but if outside 2 weeks you can either 1) accept new times 2) change to alternate flight free of charge 3) get full refund.

Just ring them. It’s an EU law, I’ve had similar schedule changes with Ryanair, Aer Lingus, BA, Air France before and everything I’ve rang them they’ve changed my flights free of charge.

Sometimes it’s beneficial to take a full refund and rebook other flights if they’re cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭AngryLips

If the change notification is more than two weeks out then would incurring such an additional cost by changing back to your original time be something that's covered by travel insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭StormForce13

You'd need to read the terms and conditions of your travel insurance to find the answer to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Maybe op should just speak with Ryanair? See what they say about moving then for free to the other flight.

Then everyone can complain and come up with different scenarios. 😁😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭pocketse

Yes, This!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the advise here. After my initial rage subsided and after reading through some of the sensible comments here (which I have to say were very helpful) I sat and read through (without rage) what they had actually sent me in the email. In this scenario I am allowed to change to another available more convenient flight up to a day before or after my original booking. I rang them and did just that at no extra cost. It was pretty easy actually !!

I guess it like a relationship with an abusive ex-partner, your judgement has been clouded by years of "treat them mean, keep them keen."

But in this case, they didn't really do anything wrong and I was unreasonable. Maybe they have changed !!!!!

Thanks all for the advise.

Pockets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭JVince

The issue is lack of aircraft.

Boeing are months behind on aircraft delivery and it's causing airlines, especially Ryanair, to cut capacity on summer routes.

Boeing delays got worse in the final quarter of last year and the latest issue with max 9 will not help.

Ryanair built their schedule around expected delivery of aircraft and that has now changed

Advertisement