Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are these people getting in to Ireland to work?

Options
  • 14-01-2024 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭

There are two types of shops with staff, where I can't understand how they are getting into the country.

Does anybody know?

(1) Turkish barbers.

(2) mobile phone shops run by what appear to be Asians, maybe Pakistanis?

These people are not AS, not refugees, so how are they getting in?

Maybe I am wrong to presume that they are non-EU? Maybe they lived in DE or UK before?

Or maybe they have work visas? But that can't be the case, as visas are for employees, and some of these seem to be self-employed.

Maybe they have student visas? But many seem to be working FT, and don't appear to be students.

Plus barbers and mobile phone staff aren't on the list of occupations where we do allow non-EU staff in:

Does anybody know?

Post edited by hullaballoo on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭sameoldname

Married to an Irish or EU citizen? Worked here for long enough to apply for citizenship? 2 I can think off of the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Usually by plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

They could be a citizen of another EU country. Apparently very few of those Turkish barbers are actually Turkish. As above maybe married to an EU citizen. Me for example am an Australian citizen so I can live and work in New Zealand even though I've no Ties to the place.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

moderator: not a Lagal Discussion topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement