Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth cert question

• 15-01-2024 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭

I am in possession of a birth cert from 1964, which has been used for all my records since then.

DEIMHNIÚ BREITHE

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Na hAchtanna um Chlar Breitheanna agus Básanna 1863 go 1952

BIRTHS AND DEATHS REGISTRATION ACTS 1863 to 1952

I have recently accessed the birth cert now held on the system under the Civil Registration Act 2004 and there are two pieces of information held

<< This first piece is just FYI: not really an issue

1: the (digitally accessible)record, which is typed in from the original book where my father registered, has misread my mothers maiden name.

They will change it if i want but the script will be replaced with type so the digital version of the original script will be lost

[It was all written in the old Irish script].>>

2: the (digitally accessible) index, has an error in my surname and is not the same as the 1964 birth cert.

The Civil registration Office says it cannot change the index so my question is what legal redress do I have here to have the index based on the Civil Registration Act 2004 amended to reflect the 1964 birth cert.

Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Complain to the Ombudsman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Which one!

I have sent them in my 1964 cert and they are looking at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Just to close this out, they sent me a change form so as long as I can produce the necessary docs am good to go.

Must say they were very helpful

Advertisement