Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm Loans for Shed with TAMs

• 15-01-2024 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Anyone any experience obtaining a loan from the banks for a farm shed, mainly interested to see what amount of deposit was required. For myself, looking at a shed that’s €200k inclusive of vat (looking to make the most of the 60% grant at the 160k partnership limit coupled with the vat back)

appreciate there might be discussions prior in this chat but all out of date and lacking setail

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭dmakc

This would be a Bridging Loan. For approval they'll judge your capacity to pay the first 40%, and only once you've paid this 40%, they'll provide a bridging loan for the other 60%. They can do same for VAT too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭lmk123

I enquired a while back, interest rates were very high almost 8% I think, terms for the bridging loan were were tough to say the least, you’d be under fair pressure to have the grant money paid on time to pay the bridging loan, I think they’d only give it for a max of 18 months and the rate was even higher for it.

Advertisement