Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Notional Pay

• 15-01-2024 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I realised after doing my tax return and looking at my payslips iv been done by the company for notional pay for a few hundred every month..anyone know exactly what that is ? I was out two weeks sick from work and the company paid me sick would that be it ? But my wage was still the same. All my BIK and everything is still there so I’m stumped to know what it is..iv sent an email to payroll but cud be waiting a few weeks for a response from them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Notional pay is usually something BIK related.

Company car? Health insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Peterk88

I pay BIK on both..already and they are in my payslip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Would they have paid something else on your behalf? A club or gym membership fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sundodger5

So you have 3 entries that say notional pay?

Might be easier if you gave an example without exact figures obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59,650 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Not sure if this is relevant but just in case: for BIK, you should see it on both the income side of your payslip and the same amount also on the deductions side.

It's added to income to collect the tax/PRSI/USC due on it but then deducted as you don't actually get it received into your bank account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement