Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling to second hand dealers

• 16-01-2024 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi All,

Is there an easy way to advertise a car to dealers rather than Joe Public?

We are buying a new car but the trade in price offer for our 2016 X Trail was very low, and we are looking at alternative ways to sell it. I don't really want the hassle of the private seller route. There must be hundreds of 2nd hand dealers out there, is there an easier way than contacting them individually?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Your car will go quickly privately if you price it to sell. The only hassle I see on private sales is the dreamers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

Even if there was you'd still have the same issue that they have overheads like the place that offered you the low trade in amount. It's unlikely they'll offer you much more unless they know they can get rid of it very quickly.

The reason you potentially get more from a private sale is because you have to do the leg work yourself and put up with the tire kickers etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

2016 X trail may have a limited audience too though. Hence trade in price might be accurate for the dealer holding on to it for a long period...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

No easy way to attract trade buyers and get good price .

dealers buy at auction and also dealers buy low priced privately sold cars - if you want a decent price from a dealer you should try local dealers and just have car well presented .

an xtrail isnt an in demand car so best to call into them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

Contact these cash for cars lads, send them photos of your car and you will have an offer very quickly, easiest way to sell it without trading in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Skyfloater

Thanks for all replies and good advice. I take on board the fact that an X Trail is not a main stream car. So, I think if I can wriggle even a small amount extra, I'll go with the trade-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

I dont' have any recommendations as such, my brother sent out an audi a5 to a load of places recently and had a load of offers within 24 hours, it seems the easiest way to do it without hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

an A5 is a whole different ball game , quite a few jap import hybrid x trails have also come into country

is yours one of these ?

Well if they send it out to some buyers they’ll have a fair idea if the dealers offer on trade in is reasonable or not.

I get the market for an x trail wouldn’t be massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

X Trails are not hard to sell unless it's the 5 seater.

Advertisement