Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grit

Options
  • 16-01-2024 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

I need to get across Dublin tomorrow but don't want to expose the bike to salt. Anyone know if the gritters have been out these days, especially north city, around Griffith Ave, Swords Road, DCU?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

There's salt all over the roads in Dublin currently. All roads except for smaller ones. It shows up as a kind of white powder in the dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breezin

Thanks FB. Good to know. I haven't seen it southside. So I'll be stuck in the car tomorrow. 😌

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

its awful crap all togheter. Ive been out in it a good bit. It mostly affects the chain and will cause insta rust if left on overnight. I use gear oil though and the chain is 3+years old OEM so thats probably half the reason, maybe use a more premium chain lube. But doesent seem to bad on the rest of the bike as ive it covered in acf

Advertisement