Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooding data/info

Options
  • 16-01-2024 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello there,

Myself and my fiancée have recently got mortgage approval and are now looking for somewhere to live.

Given the current climate, one thing I would be concerned about is potential flooding. Have checked floodinfo etc but it's hard to understand all of the information available.

For example, this one is for sale at the moment: https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-ardskea-more-cummer-corofin-co-galway/5407249

Looking on floodinfo.ie website, I can see there is much data around this area, but can't see for certain about whether it's on a floodplain itself or not.

Does anyone know any ways I can determine for sure about the risk of flooding? Other websites, resources etc?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I'd say ask the neighbours. Looking at it on streetview there doesn't seem to be much around that could lead to flooding

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Flood maps.

OPW have one I think.

You can check them online.

Advertisement