Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai Kicked in door.

• 16-01-2024 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I was back at my rental property this evening and saw that the aluminium front door had been seriously damaged by force.

I rang one of the tenants, he came home and told me what happened.

One of the other tenants is having issues with his ex, the mother of his children. At about 2 am they came and used a battering ram to break the door, as the 3 tenants were asleep in bed.

They arrested him and he is being held at the moment, due in court Thursday.

I rang a friend that does repairs etc, to come and repair the lock etc, until I replaced it.He told me that they will have to pay for the door, as he has been through it before, especially since no one was in direct danger. I rang the guards this evening , the one I spoke to was very helpful, he rang me back and told me that there is a 'state claims form' that I can fill out and get money back. I got on to a councillor as well, to see what's the status, ie should I just get a new door and will I get reimbursed.

Has anyone else experienced this? or have knowledge of it? How long will I be waiting for payment?

Any experience and/or advice would be appreciated.

As a side not, my tenants is a nice fella, doesnt' drink a lot, hard worker, intelligent. I'm upset for him, I told the other tenants that if I can give a character reference or anything else, I will. I asked the guards if they could tell me anything, they said 'no, that it was against policy'.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement