Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Isha - Sunday 21/Monday 22 January 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Not too bad so far here in South Wicklow compared to what others are saying. Although there are hills to my SW about 300-350m above the level of my house and it's possible that they're sheltering is somewhat. A few strong gusts so far. I know it's still very early stages though. 12 hours to go with the worst yet to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Doesn't seem to be worsening really. Just an unsettled day out.

One of these days we will get a proper weather event to accompany the warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

The orange event starts at 5? One of these days people will read the warnings before complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

My blocked user list is filling faster than my rain gauge today 😀

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note : Gusser09 saw your post over in the other thread too, point made.....don't post in the weather forum again during this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

East Clare/Gort/South Galway and it's been hammering rain since around 0430.

SW wind picking up more now...surrounded by trees so fingers crossed it's not too terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

It’s mad the way we have all tags for these weather events 20 years ago it was a windy day

• Registered Users Posts: 51,997 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Not bad at all here in N. Louth. I should have gone golfing. Drat and double drat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’ve one ash tree left on the south/ southwest side of the house. It’s not very big thankfully. Lots of trees to north and east though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Reports of trees and overhead cables down in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Earlier issued watch now identified as 2101 for severe storm activity very close to warning criteria for Tipps, Kilkenny, Laois next hour, think it would be marginal severe so will leave at watch status for now, certainly a non-severe thunderstorm in the inland southeast would not be surprising given radar trends. Warnings are still possible in allotted period to 1600h

Watch 2102 now added for severe wind gusts associated with cold front advancing into western counties between 4-6 pm, counties affected all Connacht, Longford, west Offaly-Westmeath and Clare for now, will add other counties when within 3h of initiation of severe conditions, as per watch protocols. Wind gusts to 130 km/hr and possible embedded tornadic wind streaks, direction WSW veering WNW. Once again, will advise of warning status if radar or satellite confirms imminent threat. Risk assessed as moderate to high. Conditions likely to persist several

Advance watch 2103 for strong to severe W-NW winds Donegal, Sligo and Leitrim into NI 6 to 9 pm, possible wind gusts to 140 km/hr, sustained winds 90 to 100 km/hr. Watch 2102 will extend in some places into inclusion in 2103, further south 2103 will not necessarily apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brendan offaly

Wild weather around Tullamore.

Heavy rain and constant wind.

A rough time ahead.

Stay safe people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Cork certainly getting a lot of reports at the moment especially in coastal areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,528 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

....im sure those folks traveling home afterwards will be just fine.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Current conditions here in east Mayo. I always worry with shuch a pressure drop, always a warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its only early yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

There hasn't been many flights due to land in Cork the last couple of hours. One flight has diverted to Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭pureza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Pjkelly

Dried up a bit here in mid Kerry but extremely windy, definitely an orange warning level, really exposed here, I would love to be able to measure the gusts, definitely think it's the windiest place in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Getting bad in Dublin now. Howling wind and driving rain. Yuck.

The sooner a pattern change comes the better. I’ve a feeling I’ll be getting p**sed on a lot over the coming week. 👎

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very strong gusts in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Stepped up a lever or 2 here outside Newport, some gusts there were strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭highdef

Will be surprised if this old cedar is still upright tomorrow. It had a slight lean until Debi a few months ago and it's now fairly precarious.

Additionally, the back wall of one of the bays of the hay barn blew out during Debi and even though it's not particularly windy so far today in this part of longford, the roof is already coming down and the big beams are close to snapping. Not a hope of this section of the barn staying up when the winds get strong later. Got everything moved out of it that I needed though and I've knocked off the power to the barns and sheds so that's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ctomas

Most probably have this but nice visual of incoming storm here in satellite view. Still seems a bit away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I'm pretty sure it's the hills to my SW keeping me sheltered. Still blustery but other storms have certainly had more impact (so far). If the wind shifts more southerly then I'll feel it much more

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stormyhead

Heavy rain now in Lucan. Blowing hard against the southerly facibg windows. Wind has increased again but Im still going to chance a quick walk with the dog. He loves the rain.

Advertisement