Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Isha - Sunday 21/Monday 22 January 2024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Some serious gusts in South dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

Any chance of a day off school here in Dublin tomorrow so u think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Has anyone found Teresa Manion yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭weisses

What a story it would be if they just had secured their trampoline in that shed 😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭squonk

ME have updated the marine warning to include the coast around Kerry in red now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭aidanodr

At least this time of the year we shouldn't come into possession of someone elses trampoline :D

Serious amount of rain falling on Carrigaline now. This should well test peoples roofs and Velux windows etc ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

No, bar the first employee showing up to a damaged school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Gusts have picked up considerably in Galway city within the last 20 minutes. It look likes we're in for an interesting evening!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭squonk

Same here in north Clare just across the bay from you @Straight Talker The cloud and rain is clearing and it seems to be brightening up so I’d say the winds will Ray kick in from here on

RED UPDATE ... creeping south. RED Kerry coast added at 15.30 this afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭I says

Picking up a fair bit in Laois, my drive home tonight will be very interesting to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Can you not make a decision and play movies like hungover teachers did back in the day?

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Getting gusty along the west and south coasts now

@Dazler97 Kerry coast gone RED was added at 3.30 this afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,569 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Just watching satellite loop, cold front is approaching Belmullet rapidly, has a very unusual serrated appearance like it is being subjected to enormous wind stress probably in vicinity of 500 to 1500 m above surface, the numerous reports of jet-sounding noises above are similar to windstorm reports I was reading a few weeks ago in New England area. All guidance continues to suggest an extreme wind outcome for north and west, this will soon be nearing peak on west coast, timing is about 6-7 pm in Donegal where windshift to WNW will follow very soon after strong winds from SW.

I hope this does not go off the scale but it looks certain to be damaging in places even fairly distant from the coast.

Will now upgrade watch 2103 to a warning for Donegal and north Connacht, winds west to northwest 90-140 km/hr are probable from about 6 p.m. to midnight. Considerable damage is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Anyone swimming in the 40ft today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭thomil

She's probably trying not to make any unnecessary journeys... 😶

Winds still picking up here in Ballincollig, mostly from westerly directions. Can't get proper windspeed readings as I'm not about to go out in this weather with my handheld anemometer, but for the last twenty or so minutes, there's been a constant low rumbling sound that's been clearly audible, with some really heavy gusts mixed in, the building shaker kind. Air Pressure here currently at 985.6 mb, seems to be bottoming out at that mark.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Plenty of power outages in the west and south already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

in north county dublin...some strong gusts already...comes and goes...i put the heating on in the house earlier to heat it up for the probable power cuts coming later and am just finishing up cooking a large stew on the stovetop...candles and led lanterns at the ready and all set to bunker down for the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Getting a bit blowy in Galway city, hunkering down in UCHG for the evening with a window vent in the room stuck open... Staff supposed to finish at 7pm in the middle of the red warning, night shift are expected in, no buses etc. They should be let home now really.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two more counties added into red but I hope not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Calculator123

Air pressure - Loop Head last 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ros4Sam24

Serious gusts here now strongest by far yet in north Ros

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Guesstimate Belmullet 147km/h this evening

Malin 150km/h +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Winds definitely dropping off a bit here on the south coast. This storm is nothing like our experience with Ophelia.

• Advertisement

I wish - those were the days 🤣 students too eager and demanding now. And have a parents talk this week - they are even worse!

Advertisement