Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants for converting garage to rental accommodation

Options
  • 18-01-2024 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Just a quick one for anyone that knows. I have a garage beside my house that I don’t use that has a separate driveway etc. was thinking of converting it into a small rental unit , also was going to create a private garden behind it too. Is there any grants to assist people in doing things like this? This garage has electricity but it’s not plumbed or hooked up to sewerage or anything but I have a septic tank behind it that services my own house so could hook it up to that or a separate one . Anyone have any information on grants for this type of conversion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,037 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm not aware of any available grants but that's not to say there aren't any. However you will need planning permission for it and also building control approval. If there was a grant available it would be dependent on compliance with the above which you will most likely struggle with.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,298 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

also not aware of any grants, that's not to say there is none. But I'd be very surprised if there were. Grants are there for people to improved there home. Not really there to help people turn annexes into commercial properties.

Advertisement