Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine in the Bathroom / Utility Room??

Options
  • 18-01-2024 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

*apologies if posted in the wrong section, please move it it it’s the case*

Morning everyone. I’m having a dilemma in relation to where to put the washing machine in our new home. Basically, there would be a place for it in the kitchen, which is normal. However, adjacent to the kitchen we have a bathroom which has a toilet and a sink but also the heat pump system enclosed. As we had a site visit we enquired with the foreman and he said that while he can’t move it for us in the bathroom there is nothing to stop us doing that as he will leave a socket and a drain pipe at the back of the heating pump system for future in case someone wants to put the washing machine / dryer in the bathroom.

Now…i’m not aware of any regulation in this area so any opinions will be helpful if you don’t mind.

Is this something possible from a safety point of view? Would any plumber be willing to do this job?

Don’t get me wrong, i don’t mind to have the washing machine in the kitchen but why not to use that extra space in the bathroom as per picture below?

many thanks!

Advertisement