If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense PL1

• 18-01-2024 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you are shipping Hisense PL1 to ROI. I noticed that some Hisense Projectors and TVs state that they are not available in ROI, but there is no such disclaimer on PL1 and others.

John

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi John,

Thanks for the post!

Unfortunately we are unable to ship any Hisense products to ROI as we don't have any warranty support with Hisense in ROI.

The closest Ultra Short Throw projector I would have to it that we could ship to you would be the Optoma L1:

Let me know what you think of this model!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 33 johnnyboy29

Hi David.

Thanks for that. Just wondering how does it compare to the Hisense PL1 or have you had a chance to demo in the shop?

I seem to remember you had some good deals on UST projectors not so long ago. What's the best price you could do on it?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 33 johnnyboy29

Or anything else you could recommend?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Johnnyboy29.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Unfortunately we have yet to have either of these instore of demo purpose.

Both are excellent but use different tech. The PL1 is Laser whereas the L1 is 4LED.

LED (Light-Emitting Diode) Projectors.

Technology

LED projectors use separate red, green and blue (RGB) lights to create images.

Lifespan

They can last for 20,000 hours or longer, depending on the model.

Maintenance

They require almost zero maintenance costs.

Image Quality

LED projectors serve up more vibrant and saturated colours than traditional lamp projectors.

Laser Projectors.

Technology

Laser projectors rely on separate red, green and blue lasers.

Lifespan

They can keep working for at least 30,000 hours.

Maintenance

With no need to replace lamps or filters, maintenance drops to nearly zero.

Image Quality

Laser gives you the absolute best image quality with deeper, richer, more lifelike colours.

There isn't much room for discount on the Optoma L1. I could squeeze it down to £1675 delivered.

There are not to many other UST projectors around this price point.

There is the LG HU715 coming in at £1899

Let us know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.