Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage Allsop Softride

• 18-01-2024 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I'll stick this here before advertising to the general public.

Mixed Shimano group (period 105, 600, Dura Ace)

Size medium/large (beam is adjustable for height/sag)

Original paint with a few age related marks.

Rolls saddle.

Cinelli bars and stem.

Mavic Open Pro rims with 8spd Ultegra hubs.

Reproduction aero bottle.

New tyres, tubes, chain, cassette, cables, housings and brake pads.

Cool, quirky and designed to make you a smoother rider......if you aren't, your first few spins will see you pogo-ing down the road! Boing!

Definite conversation piece at the coffee stop.

€550 ovno

Thanks for looking.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

I'd be interested 8valve, as you say, with the pogo-ing I'd like a test drive

Nice parts, medium/large, hard to gauge but you could make it into a 54 with adjusting?

Where are you based?

Grma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Hi there, I'm not far from Waterford city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

I'm far from Waterford.. Dublin.. ever up a bit?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I would imagine if you went over the water to the UK for a larger market you would get far more, it looks in top shape. Won't take it myself as I have adjusted my bike buying policy to only getting bikes I will ride routinely. Best of luck with sale.

I have, on several occasions, met people from Dublin at various M9 motorway services, for the purpose of exchanging restored bicycles for legal tender :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭bsb1971

@8valve - this brings me back!!! This was my first proper racing bike - up till then I had been on a mountain bike and my trusty 3 speed viking lol!!! Bought it in Killarney from Paddy O'Callaghan's bike shop with a mixed bag of components. Sold it to someone locally after a couple of years and regretted it. Fortunately its out of my budget though, plus too many bikes/frames in the garage atm. If I ever come across one of these as just frame and beam, then I'd build it up with SRAM Force groupset that I have, and one of my better sets of wheels. Now, I'm stopping saying anything else lol!!!

Mods please close; local gent called today and bought the bike.

Advertisement