Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Practical yet sporty-ish car/SUV?

• 18-01-2024 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Looking for suggestions for something practical and somewhat sporty with a large loading space, thinking along the lines of an estate or maybe an SUV or even a van.

The thing is though my commute is only around 30km round trip so that maybe rules out a diesel.

Would like to keep the budget under €25,000 but could maybe stretch it a little bit.

Also, I would like it to be automatic and decent power. 

I was originally considering the Outlander PHEV but it seems a bit sluggish going by it's 0-60 time which put me off.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Very little is sporty and practical and I think you're leaning more towards practical since you're considering a van.

Golf or ford focus van might do the job but I don't know if you'll find an automatic one. Maybe you will?

Audi estate springs to mind too, A4 or A6, possible middle ground for you. Probably one of the few things you'll find practical, sporty somewhat and automatic. But will be nearly all diesel up until very recently which will put the newer ones over budget.

SUVs are not sporty at all, but they can be nice to drive.

I'd drop the sporty criteria to be honest, it's overused term and over rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

Octavia VRS maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

SEAR Leon FR Estate.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Golf r estate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Will be quick enough! Good bargain there

• Advertisement