If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz and Dali matching

Options
  • 19-01-2024 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys,

I'm interested in Marantz PM7000N and Dali Oberon 5. While I know that at the end, the sound preference is a personal thing, I'm curious what's your opinion on this combo? Are there other speakers you (and people coming in for a listening session) found better match for this amp, or potentially other amp for these speakers?

I like the idea of small floor standers as they are easier to move if you have the space and harder to knock off, but they come with a price tag of Dali Opticons 2 MK2 (tho extra stands would bump the cost a bit), which are higher tier and seem to be rated higher on various forums. Would this Marantz be powerful enough to handle the Opticons (4 Ohm)? How would you describe the sound difference between the two?

My understanding is Dali speakers cannot be attached to any stands, not even Dali's own ones, is this correct? I'm worried about this, cause I almost knocked one of my current speakers of the stand in the past when cleaning the area and I was aware of them - one of them would be placed in an open area in the room and could potentially be accidentally poked by a living creature.

I'd appreciate your feedback.

These would be replacing Denon Ceol Piccolo and Q Acoustics 2020i purchased of you around 10 years ago. :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Nonez.

Many thanks for the post.

The Oberon 5 would pair very well with the PM7000N and so would the Opticon 2 MK2 but as you say there is a price difference between the two.

PM7000N is priced at €779

Oberon 5 are priced at €899

Opticon 2 MK2 coming in at €679

The Oberon 5 will hit lower base frequencies due to the extra bass driver but both pairs will sound excellent with the PM7000N.

Dali speakers should fit pretty much any speaker stand. We usually sell the like of the Soundstyle Z2 or Mission stancetts along with the Dali range.

Z2 priced at €115 (We even have a package deal on these paired with Spektor 2 on our website).

Stancetts priced at €110

You are right in saying that they can not be fixed as in screwed or mounted in place on stands as this is not really something that can be done for any speaker. Speakers would just sit on top of the stand and you could use some bluetack or the likes to hold them in place. Some stands have screw holes so you could screw the speaker to the stand but I would not recommend doing this as it would put holes in your speakers.

If you have the space for the Oberon 5 then that is the speakers that I would go for.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nonez

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for the info.

Do you have PM7000N and Oberon 5, both in black, in stock?

How much would a package with them, 2x3m cable and set of 8 Audioquest Suregrip banana plugs would be delivered to Sligo? You had a deal on the Marantz last week where it was down to 669 that ended last Monday - any chance you could do the same here?

Thanks,

Artur

Hi Nonez.

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have the Oberon 5 and PM7000N in stock in the Black Finish.

There has been a cost increase to us on the PM7000N hence the price increase unfortunately.

Best I can currently offer on them would be €710.

On the Oberon 5 I can offer these at €841. Total would then be €1551 delivered.

For 6 meters of QED 79 Strand and the Suregrip set of 8 would come in at €52 and we can cut this into two 3 meters lengths and fit the plugs if you wish.

Total all in then would be €1603 delivered. Lets say €1600 delivered.

That sounds good Kenny, thanks. How do we proceed?

Hey Nonez.

If you want to drop me a PM with your full name, address and a contact number I can pop the order onto our system and give you a call to finalise things up.

• Advertisement

PM sent.

Cheers Nonez

Got the call earlier today and everything is sorted. Just to confirm, I'd appreciate if you could cut the cable and fit the plugs before shipping everything.

Thank you for your help Kenny.

Hey Nonez.

Yip everything is good to go at this end.

I'll get the cables cut and the banana plugs fitted before it ships out to you.

The order will get collected on Tuesday and our courier will be in touch with the delivery details.

Have a great weekend and we'll keep you in the loop mid week on which day the delivery will be with you.

Thanks again for the business we really do appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 downwidg

Hi Kenny. I'll add to this topic if I can. I have Bowers & Wilkins CM7 speakers and Yamaha RN602 amp. I am satisfied with the speakers, but I would like to change the amp to a Marantz PM7000n. Do you think it will play better?

Post edited by downwidg on

• Advertisement

Hi Downwidg.

Thanks for the post.

The RN602 was a great bit of kit but the PM7000 would be a step up in quality. The PM7000N is a little less powerful compared to the RN602 but this doesn't really matter as it produces a more quality sound. The build of the PM7000 is top notch and Marantz use some very good components including the highly rated Asahi-kasei AK4490EQ chipset in its DAC.

The Pm7000 is packed with features and the Heos App is really nice to use. Though so is the MusicCast App of the Yamaha.

The PM7000N is also 5 star reviewed in What HiFi at £999 / €1149

Everything arrived last Thursday and I'm loving it! Thanks a million Kenny.

Can you tell me what is the warranty on the amp and the speakers? On your website you mention that in general all items are guaranteed for 12 months (except those covered by your 6 years warranty), Dali states 24 months and Marantz says 5 years (at least for PM7000N).

• Company Representative Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks for getting back to us and really glad to hear you're enjoying your system!

The Dali Oberon 5 have a 6 Year guarantee included and the Marantz PM7000N has a 2 Year guarantee. You can extend the guarantee on the Marantz to 6 years for 10% of the purchase price if you would be interested in doing this?

Kind regards

David

Thank you DavidS. As for extending the warranty on Marantz, I'm not sure yet, I usually do get extended warranties, but I might get back to you on that.

No problem at all Nonez.

Just drop me a PM or post if I can help in any way in future :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.