Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Cricket 2024

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

very disappointing start here

• Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

16/4…

Tector given out caught behind. Adamant he didn’t hit it, didn’t look like he did, but a huge vociferous appeal. A few years ago Tector might have landed himself in hot water, clear vocal criticism and dissent of the out decision, and stood there for ages before departing…

Tucker dropped next ball, a gimmie catch for the wicket keeper….. poor

29/5. gets worse

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Paul Stirling, the most experienced FC player in the squad should nev iner ever be picked for a test again after a shot like that in a situation like that.

On form, age and fitness his international career should be over. He offers absolutely nothing anymore.

Hugely embarrassing batting performance. Imagine not being able to chase 150 V Zimbabwe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Nothing but abject embarassment since Malan signed his new deal. Great business from CI, a completely dysfunctional and inept organisation.

Bazball cricket with club cricket players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭MFPM

Only being catching the match in snippets but I was really hopeful that having put themselves in a really good position to win they could deliver but the batting in this innings seems to be shambolic. I wouldn't be putting alot of money on them getting the 125 tomorrow.

even in that 250 we scored… 6 of our batsmen only made single digit scores.

Only 1 of the other 5 scored a half century. That was Moor with the 79…

You should be able to take for granted an international test side chasing down 158 on their own patch.

Should be doing it against England or against anyone at this stage… 158/6 fair enough but get there ffs.

good start this morning. 73/5. we're halfway there and living on a prayer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Amazing how much easier conditions are today with the sun out.

Yes, Ireland did not bat well yesterday evening but with an overcast sky, there was a lot of variable bounce. Today the batsmen just have more time and Zimbabwe are starting to run out of ideas a bit.

Tucker and McBrine still going at 107/5 with 51 needed.

• Advertisement

Disaster with Tucker inside edging onto the stumps.

117/6. 41 needed now and just the bowlers really to try to win this for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tucker out 56.

41 still needed

Squeaky bum time.

Ireland running a five earlier without an overthrow involved is not something you see every day in a test match

117/6. tucker gone. need 41 to win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭MFPM

18 to win, should be straightforward from here. Decent recovery today after the shambles yesterday afternoon.

good decision not to take lunch with 11 required

great win. fair play. still issues with the top order, largely the same who failed in the t20 world cup.

A great win. Fantastic play from the 3 batsmen today. Not just to win but in the end comfortably enough

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ledwithhedwith

great win, pretty cool to have the 2nd one closely followed by the first. I think I’m right on that anyways.

great job. Only annoying aspect was the camera work at the end not picking up the winning shot in realtime… focusing on the non striker McBrine 🫤 for some reason.

82 runs and 7 wickets from McBrine, a truly fantastic performance.

Everyone was down in the dumps last night, but it was a different story today with the conditions much easier and McBrine, Tucker and Adair all hit some lovely shots.

A special moment for the side to win a home test match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Watched the end of it. I didn't think it was over last night but wouldn't have made them favourites, and definitely didn't think it'd be that comfortable in the end. Just need a win in malahide now, even just a match in malahide would be nice 🫤

here is a nice stat…

Back to back test wins for Ireland. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ledwithhedwith

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭EveryoneKnowsNobodyCares

I don't know what it is about 4th innings for Ireland, they always seem to struggle... I wonder if you took every country's record in a 4th innings where they were chasing the target and counted up the total number of runs and the total number of wickets lost and did a bit of simple division. I wonder where Ireland would rank...

Only Australia, England and Afghanistan got to their second test win in a lower amount of matches than Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Barrett

This is great. Ireland deserves to play more test matches.

Advertisement