Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollystown - Dublin Aiport Public Safety & Noise Zone

Options
  • 19-01-2024 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Everyone, 

My husband & I are looking to purchase a new build home. Would like opinions on the Kilmartin Grove, Hollystown development by Glenveagh builders. 

• Is Hollystown a safe place for a family(with kids) to live? 
    • This estate falls under the category of Dublin Airport Public Safety Zone - Outer Public Safety Zone. Will this cause any issues in the future?
    • Also, falls under Zone B of the Dublin Aiport Noise Zone. Would this be of a concern?
    • Is there an official portal to check upcoming Social Housings around the area? (excluding the 10%-20% of social housing in development itself) 

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,546 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Public Safety Zone means there is an increased, albeit still tiny, chance of a plane crash.

Zone B for noise means up to 48.5dB noise during the day and 43.5dB at night. This is similar to living beside a busy road, but not constant. I would advise going out to the area at various times of the day and in various weather conditions - different runway directions in use can have huge impacts.

There is no way to find out what future social housing there may be within private estates as councils and AHBs can buy as they wish. Part 8s for social housing can be viewed here; but any council landbank could be a future plan that hasn't got to Part 8 stage yet; or a future private development that sells entirely to an AHB etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shivangi

Thank you for all the details. 🙂

Kilmartin Grove is currently being sold off the plans without any showhouse viewings. How advisable is it to book a home without a Showhouse?

Also, could you advise on the safety aspect (like any anti-social activities) around Hollystown, Tyrrelstown, Hollywoodrath, and surrounding areas?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mahesh4gb

Hi

when kilmartin houses be delivered if being sold off plan now? We are also planning to choose that area.

considering market prices I prefer hollystown and if it’s not south pretty much it’s same any place in north expect few rough places, my knowledge hollystown area would be mixed nationalities and close to airport so resale is easy and profitable.

I do get the part industrial area, flight noises, having triple glazed windows could fix all this :) and I recommend get a dog.

Advertisement