Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social housing fraud

Options
  • 19-01-2024 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Long story short. We live in a new estate with 10 social houses. One of the houses has just gone to a "single mum", However - her fiance bought a big modern house with her, where she has been living the last 5/6years with him and their children (Social media confirms) They recently had a new baby too. Now here's the issue.... he is there in the new place every day for 6 hours plus a day, stays the night and is constantly doing up the house. They are most certainly still together. What does one do in this situation? It's bothering me as I know so many people who are in desperate need of a home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Council for housing, Social Protection for any believed benefits stuff. However, you may not have all of the story and there may still be a legitimate entitlement.

Don't expect to ever hear anything back from either even if your suspicions are correct, even if they act on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Report her 100%. As long as people say nothing just to be polite, these people will milk the tax payers money.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Please report these filthy scroungers.

Hard working tax payers have to foot the bill for these dirty leeches.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,845 ✭✭✭billyhead

Report anonymously to DSP and the council. They do act on these reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Why would anyone but a 'big fancy house ' with their partner, then go and live in social housing? For what possible reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

I'm struggling to see the benefit of them doing this? As far as I know, you can't buy the house off the council anymore, can someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Are they renting out the other house that they bought together?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Could use the council house for cutting up or storing drugs etc .. happening a lot these days , Council are very weak getting rid of drug dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

If she's on opf and living with him, the inspector will investigate if DSP are informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭thereiver

The only reason i can think of, she is claiming payments as a single mother ,,she would lose most of her welfare payments if it was known she was living in a new house with her boyfriend who is obviously working on a high income ,i m just suprised she has put up photos on social media which can be seen by anyone and show she is in a relationship , she might also lose her medical card .maybe the intention is to rent out 2 rooms in the new house so most of the time he will stay in her council house .you can get 14 k rental income tax free per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

I'd be surprised if anything comes of the report. I reported someone years ago. They were claiming using one name and nationality and working using another name and nationality. I could give the dole very specific details. She is still here, even got a nice social house since I reported her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

How would you know what the DSP did to him? He could be on a repayment plan and you wouldn't know. He could still be entitled to housing regardless and the fraud wouldn't change that. They very rarely prosecute anybody as it costs so much and they just end up on the same payment plans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Have a relative who moved into his girlfriends council house and rented his own house out .... to the council. Dont know if anyone ever reported him but hes been living with her going on 5 years now. Her son moved out about 6 months before he moved in. I heard the son went to Oz and never came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kk333

Shes doing nothing wrong. He's not living there full time with her. Your aloud to have a social life even in a council house. Your obviously not working of your creeping ok people all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xyz13

Of course an incel will see nothing wrong... I hope this scammer gets caught!

Its you are and allowed.

Petite a petit l'oiseau fait son nid...

Advertisement