Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social housing fraud

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

my SIL has a council house. She met a man any got married. He moved in , they told the council who reassessed the rent and increased it. But it’s council rent is capped at 15% of income ( after many deductions) so it didn’t change to much.
    She may have the same or even if she does it won’t change her situation much. Council house are for life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭del roy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

Stories like this are all over the place. I can list off a few myself, and some of them come from members of my own family. This is why the model of social welfare is in dire need of reform. This is not the 1960s anymore, and we are not rehoming people from tenements (which was a good thing to do). No one, home-grown or imported, should be getting a functionally free house or apartment.

Advertisement