Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Irish Sectarianism By Brits In The EU

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thats practically soup so it is😉

It's always the soupers!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

There is nothing complex about a Daily Mail reader.

How much did the abuser get for his story producing "services" I wonder?

Tabloid rubbish is not adverse to making controversial stories up. like the Sun hack who bought a British lorry driver a burger and chips in France so that he could write a story on stranded lorry drivers getting food parcels due to French hold up's.

Basically if someone is concerned about global warming, critical of Brexit, in favour of human rights and does not hate migrants or high level complex positions that go beyond them bad, us good there is not a lot in the rag to attract them.

If your opinion is honed by that rubbish, try a different comic to see things in a less polarised fashion.

The Independent or the Guardian tend to be more candid, but it is dependent on the reporter. Having said that they don't have anyone as bad as a Mail hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What's with these recently registered and zombie accounts making stupid claims

• Registered Users Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

This reminds me of the "Im not racist I have black friends" which is said by the most racist person you will meet

Anyway why do you feel you need to protect your identity on an anonymous website?

You have yet to provide a single piece of evidence or an example

Seems fairly anti british to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IrishInEU

Keep burying your head in the sand when it comes to anti-Irish sectarianism.

It is alive and well both in the UK and the EU believe me.

Just because it does not affect you does not mean others are not being affected!

I think the only party who have the political will to tackle it are Sinn Fein and I am not even a SF supporter.

You have to realise that Brexit left lots of Brits high and dry in the EU and many are stuck there and just looking for a scapegoat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IrishInEU

Calling someone anti-British for exposing anti-Irish sectarianism is a classic smear tactic to deflect attention from the real issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

This thread is finally making sense now. It's those feckers who betrayed as back in the famine times are back to haunt us. You could be onto something there op. Any person I meet who's a Connell or Reilly I'll be very wary of. Thanks for the heads up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Keep burying your head in the sand when it comes to anti-Irish sectarianism.

It is alive and well both in the UK and the EU believe me.

You keep saying this yet offer absolutely zero evidence, so why should you be believed? As the saying goes, píss or get off the pot.

It's not about burying heads, it's about backing up your claim with something resembling evidence. You seem misinformed about how a discussion forum works.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

It's OK guys, they're not a troll. See the bolded bit of the quote below

I have been deliberately vague to protect my identity and am certainly no troll.

But then...

I think the only party who have the political will to tackle it are Sinn Fein and I am not even a SF supporter.

*Sigh*

Discuss Sinn Fein here;

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058154947/the-wondrous-adventures-of-sinn-fein-part-3-mod-notes-and-threadbanned-list-in-op#latest

Or here (if you want to discuss the DUP too);

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058331907/northern-ireland-and-powersharing-in-stormount#latest

Thread closed

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

More nasty bitterness and probable sexual frustration masquerading as a valid thread, as is sadly all to common on Boards these days.

Nothing ever good to say about anyone or anything. I really think a very high proportion of Boards posters have very serious untreated and unresolved mental health issues.

It's 2024, not 1974, OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement