If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung SWA-9500S Rear Surround Speakers Query

Options
  • 21-01-2024 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a 65" Samsung Q60B tv wirelessly connected to an Q800B soundbar.

I'm wondering about adding the SWA-9500S rear surround speakers but the online reviews are very mixed, ranging from "made no difference at all" to "made a huge difference" to "made a subtle difference".

Can you give me an honest idea of what they might add to my system soundwise bearing in mind I tend to watch more "standard" tv programmes than movies?

Also what would your best euro price be for these if I do decide to order them?

Thanks!

CPL 593H

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Furiousox.

Many thanks for the post.

Unfortunately I seem to get mixed reviews if the the SWA-9500S will be compatible with the Q800B.

Our own website states: Compatible with HW-Q900A, HW-Q800A & HW-Q700A Soundbars only but other sites list the Q800B (Edit - I'm pretty sure they will work after some reading up)....

When adding in rear speakers it should give a more immersive experience for movies but not so much for standard television unfortunately. Although if a programme is broadcast in Dolby Digital then you should notice the rears workings.

I personally haven't heard the SWA-9500S in action but I have heard other soundbars with rear setups and they have been good.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.