Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Openeir FTTC and FTTH at same time

Options
  • 22-01-2024 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

I have FTTC and I wonder if I requested FTTH using other provider would I be able to have two links?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

Why would you need both and if you do, why from two different providers?

Anyway, FTTC is provided to your premises is via copper, FTTH is exclusively on Fibre so it is technically possible to have both products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I think single provider would not be open to such arrangement, probably as it would be headache for them to have two bills. I just wonder if openeir network would allow such situation to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

It is possible yes. I've had both FTTC and FTTH active on the one Vodafone account albeit only temporarily. I've even had 2 x Vodafone FTTH live on the same account in the last 6 months too. (same address, one SIRO and one OpenEir FTTH). You may need to order over the phone with the provider though as most Telecom providers websites will show you FTTH only if that's available as it is the better product of the two if that makes sense.

Advertisement