Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about a will from the 90s

• 22-01-2024 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

So about 26 years I inherited money from an uncle. Due to a complicated family arrangement I didn't actually get to keep it (don't ask) but I had to sign forms to say that I had received it. Tbh I don't even know exactly how much it was - between 10-20k.

Now I'm inheriting from a parent and I have the form from the solicitor asking if I've inherited anything since 1991. Now if I say no is there a flag on my revenue account somewhere that will immediately say "Oh yes you did!" or is this something everyone (most people) just say no to and take their chances. I've tried to look my revenue records up online but they don't go back that far.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

Whether you say "yes" or "no" will make no difference to any tax payable now, as there is a separate threshold for an inheritance from a parent.

But if there are papers showing that you had an inheritance previously, then you should say so. Someone must have copies of those papers, and you can show them to the solicitor doing the form filling.

Advertisement