Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French patio doors

• 23-01-2024 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

What should one get as regards security features with a new french patio door?

Locking system

Is there a special latch

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Patlock is good, doesn't require a key and simply slots together around the handles. Unsure who here still sells them, Argos stocked them, Woodies have them from time to time, B&Q possibly, Amazon have them if you want to order online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just had French Doors put in recently. Locks on them pretty modern and secure. I just added an alarm point (we use a smart system) and that's it. DOn't plan to do anything more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

That's for advise. Do ya mind me asking what kind of money they are? Currently emailing companies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I was getting a full set of works done (windows, doors, new landing window build and the french doors) so not sure what it all shakes out at individually.

But I paid 11k for everything which was about 5k better than anyone else, and no one else would do the building work, they would only fit the doors : /

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

When I replaced mine I got laminated glass. All the locks and chains in the world don’t protect its most vulnerable part. Standard toughened glass takes seconds to smash, there’s even a tool that will shatter it without much effort or noise.

laminated glass will at least slow down the scum as it needs a fair bit of work to get through and they’d probably give up and run if alarm is wailing (assuming you have shock sensors).

Post edited by KungPao on

• Advertisement
Advertisement