Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damp on internal wall that used to be a gable

Options
  • 24-01-2024 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, need some advice on what I can do to stop damp appearing in a wall in my home, it's a former gable wall now internal after the extension, it's stone and dry lined on both sides with an insulated slab, because I'm not living in the house yet the heating isn't on a regular basis, I've gone into the attic and I find beads of water because of damn on the top of the wall, what can I do to mitigate or stop this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi! Please give us more information. Where is the water seen, only on the top of the wall when viewed from the attic? Any stains lower down at all? Any photos of the damp?

Is the whole wall now internal or are the lateral parts still external (perhaps creating a cold-bridge between the insulation)? Is the attic well ventilated and could some of the moisture come off the drying plaster, perhaps migrating up through the ceiling and such..?

Advertisement