Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No pressure in this system - any suggestions welcome!

Options
  • 25-01-2024 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

Central heating stopped working a week ago - the only thing a bit different has been a few power cuts.

I think there’s no pressure in the system - boiler seems fine - any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭youtheman

Check if the red valve is open (No. 1 - fully anti clockwise). Then try opening the 'upside down black valve' (No. 2). It should regulate the pressure itself, but just in case it doesn't close the black valve when the black needs is the same as the red needle on the pressure gauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 numbnums

No joy - I can hear water doing something, but the reading is not moving from 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

check the the boiler blow off valve is still holding. could have failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭kerryjack

How did you get on with I think I have same issue low preasure and is tripping out,I have that black valve and when I turn it on I can here water coming out the over flow pipe outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭John.G

If its the same set up as above, there will/should be a slot on top of the threaded screw on the top of the pressure reducing valve, there may be a lock nut as well (also a plastic cap over the lot), loosen the locknut and with a screwdriver turn the adjusting screw clockwise (looking on the top) very slowly, you shoud then see the pressure rising very slowly, when it reaches 1.0bar, shut the black isol valve underneath the pressure reducing valve and also the red wheel valve.

• Advertisement
Advertisement