Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing brands you wouldn't wear?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,495 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

This. Whatever about it being Irish and moderately expensive, it is real sh*t quality, like a penny's equivalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I think mass cheap production has lowered the quality of these brands immensely- but that’s not just limited to the clothing industry it’s everywhere- once high quality brands have reduced their added value to become more mainstream in terms of volume. It’s very hard to do high volume and high quality and keep prices low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

A tracksuit if I’m not training. Because self-respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,477 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Best value is in charity shops in an affluent neighborhood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

For the etc, I inserted Donegal Tweed, another traditional brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Hugo Boss jeans are great in fairness. they last years and look good in my opinion. 130 euro will get you a good pair of them.

I never knew that, have bought several Diesel clothing items over the years, not sure now which ones they were.

its hard to believe the Irish company can get away with using the same name in the same industry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

The people I hear talking scrote about North Face were flying to NY in 2006 giddy with excitement to buy NF and under armour in Woodbury Common.

is it just perceived superior to slag off people as scrotes for wearing a Taiwan made coat with a NF logo v’s a very similar coat made in the same factory with a Patagonia logo?

• Advertisement

10 euro for 3 pairs of boxers or 3 euro for a t shirt, that is cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I’m sure he wasn’t referring to underwear etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I’m guessing that when they said Ralph Lauren they were talking about Polo, which like many high end brands is just a tier within their portifolio, like Armani and its many sub brands. Brown Thomas is hawking their mass market, budget offerings and not the stuff Shiv Roy is wearing. The main RL line is extremely high quality and ridiculously expensive. I’ve never seen it on sale here, but the market for jumpers starting at 2 grand isn’t there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,683 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Surprised it hasn’t been said already but Hugo boss designed the uniforms for the nazis.

That’s why I wouldn’t be wearing boss stuff as nice as it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭Feisar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Superdry is good quality but it’s always been a pain in the hole to reconcile buying some of their stuff recently especially coats and jackets because of them of late going with stupid silly oversized branding everywhere…that jacket below if you take away the stupid as fûck massive superdry R writing, it would actually be a nice wearable casual jacket, but as it is ! NO ! Wtf ! It’s worse the last few years, I’ve an old jacket of theirs and the logo and name it’s just on the sleeve about 1x5 inches…but that below … and others… no more superdry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,489 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Anything with the brand name screaming at you in huge letters so most so called designer labels.

Most if not all "athleisure", a slovenly look outside of the gym or activities. It's become a sort of uniform and it's boring...greys, blacks and navy... esp as loved by middle aged males.

Jeans because they don't last anymore, rip in less than a year and take an eternity to dry.

White coloured anything other than shirts. Don't see the point of white sneakers as they look grubby in jig time.

Cheap fast fashion and ridiculously expensive things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,489 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The uniform of the skinny latte sipping, SUV driving yummy mummy.

For me it's not a brand issue.

I will simply not buy any clothes that makes me look like a walking billboard.

I don't mind a tiny subtle brand logo somewhere but if its bigger then a 1 or rarely a 2 euro coin it's not in my wardrobe.

all my clothes are either black or shades of grey except some white shirts or a suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Canada Goode label destroyed by chav

Lacoste the pick a the brands for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Personally I find Dunnes clothing alot better quality and shape keeping than penneys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭zell12

North Face sued

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

I always find it quite funny when you see posh middle aged people wearing Canada Goose, like they haven't copped that its demographic has shifted since the mid 2010s.

Is CG obsession among scrotes a purely Dublin thing or are there little schwars running around Ballydehob and Buncrana wearing them?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I wouldn't wear Padraig Harrington (too miidle aged for this middle aged man) or Belanciaga (bit creepy) or Kalvin Klien (the uncool part of the 1990s and it's muck).

Armani, Boss, Polo and few other higher-end, high street designers have diversified their brands a lot. Going from reasonably affordable but cheaper made to their traditionally higher quality end allbeit at a higher price.

Boss still make lovely suits, Armani have lovely smart shirts, Polo tops (not my cuppa) can take a hell of a beating, Cavallaro make great machine washable knitwear, Givenchy make great shoes and sports jackets (blazers). But you don't see this quality line of their products in places like Kildare Village... or at least that's what I found.

Timberland's stretch trouser line are really comfortable, smart, easy drying and are a great alternative to blue jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

couldnt give a sh1te, if i like it, and/or need it, its on me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I had to Google that, it's a lot more innocent than I was expecting. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Canadian Goose. Because it's choice for dealers of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Alonzo Mosley

Wings runners .....

Advertisement