Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monkey Man

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Somewhat agree with the above. The first half is genuinely terrific, builds up nicely and when it explodes, it's glorious.

The tail-end of the first half fell quite flat for me, and seemed to suddenly devolve from gritty, violent action to almost video-game quality in its tone and substance, the mid section lagged a bit, and the final act, while decent, never quite lived up to the promise of the first half.

Still though it's not bad and there's plenty to like. Indian John Wick is fairly accurate to my mind. Lots of cool action, Dev Patel is very good, as is general choreography and production/cinematography. I'd say a 6/10 is well earned.

Advertisement