Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading Streaming service Apps on to TV

Options
  • 27-01-2024 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies if not correct forum but I've looked at all other topics and this seems closest fit.

I have a Hisense Smart (ish) TV which is great for most things. It has a Netflix button on RC it's with Prime Video also and Rokuten along with so its very easy to call up each of these services.

Only issue I have now is if I want to view Disney+ or Apple TV i have no app nor is there one available on the Apps associated with the TV.

I'm aware I can just Chromecast my computer to the TV but really I couldnt be arsed setting up.

Is there anyway I can load these streaming services directly on to the TV so Ill only have to navigate on TV to access these.

The system is a Vidaa.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

TV's tend to only support limited App offerings often region specific and limited in number of updates as the OS is locked down.

If it was me I'd just get a an Amazon Fire Stick, connects to the HDMI port, apps run from this and are regularly updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Yep, as above, Amazon firestick will sort out everything you need. In around 50 euro, buy the 4k one.

My tv, LG c2 is loaded to the gills with software that I ignore and I just use the firestick even still.

My other tv is a 12 year old Samsung which was state of the art at the time whose software is a long time obsolete but I have a firestick in that too and it's perfect to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Thanks Guys. will endeavour to implement. 👍😎

Advertisement