Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 x64 - Turning off sing-in password requirement?

Options
  • 28-01-2024 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

I have two computers running Windows 10.

On one, I have no password requirement set. When I go to Settings/Sign-In Options, there is a line saying, "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft Accounts" and this box is unchecked. So, on startup the computer boots straight to my desktop.

I'd like my other computer to do this, but....

On the other computer, there is no, "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft Accounts" option in Sign-In Options. It simply isn't there. There is a line "Require Sign-In" (also on the other computer) which is set to "Never".

How can I make the option, "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft Accounts" appear to I can uncheck its box?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Sorted, without "Require Windows Hello sign-in.............." checkbox being used.

1. Press Windows + R
    2. Type netplwiz
    3. Uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer."
    4. Enter and confirm password.
    5. Click Apply.
    6. Restart computer and it should boot straight to desktop.

D.

Advertisement