Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Passport Renewal

• 29-01-2024 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am waiting now on my child's renewal passport more than 50 days.

passport office keeps saying there is "no update" and the applications is still "processing"

Is anyone else in similar situation ? what are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭SweetSand

We were in the similar situation last year. Not sure re processing time frame right now but last year it was 21 days. On the 20th day they requested our marriage cert which I still don’t understand why as it was our daughters 3rd or 4th passport. Once they got it - clock started again and again they waited until the very last day of processing time to review the application and at the end it took more than 2 months to get the passport. Calling them is pointless :( we had a cruise coming up and called them at least once a week to be told the same as you, no update/processing. Did they request any additional paperwork from you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

nothing was requested, they cant even tell me why its been delayed, i am well over 50 days right now not counting christmas week.

I have written a complaint to them as well.

Advertisement